Wednesday 19 May 2010

Trends (Socks with Open toes shoes!)

I really do have passion for fashion. I almost enroll in fashion design course and in the end, I felt I should go into Graphic Design & Advertising because I love designing cards back then. Therefore, I'm more passionate in Advertising now after completing my Degree in Graphic Design. I guess I took the wrong course. My passion towards graphic design is fading off. I just don't know why. Anyway, what is fashion if you don't have the body and money,right? I came across Erica Toh's comment in Lee Ming's blog. Her motto was

"You need not to be rich to be stylish; individual creativity and a sense of individuality will set you apart and make you stand out from the rest - just like a sore thumb!"

And yes, I agree what she (I'm not sure how she definite 'rich') said because I used to think like her back then but seriously, to create what you want it to be, you need the money to dress up yourself, isn't it? You will probably fell in love with the things that would cost you a bomb. All I can do is just browse them and hoping for sales or perhaps, just FORGET about them. =/ Find something similar? Well, there are certain designs you can't get their similarities. Another issue is your body. Sometimes when I look at the models, look at how good they are in that dress. I love the deals and cheap clothes in-store and online store but, when I looked at myself , I wondered if they will look good on me. Can they fit me? All I can only do is to visit the store and try 'em in the fitting room myself. What can you do if you can afford the things you like but you couldn't wear 'em? And sometimes only expensive clothing fits you. You got no choice but to buy them. It's pathetic, I should say. I remember there are one local fashion designer in Malaysia said his clothes only designed to fit SLIM women and plus size women would 'disgrace' his design. Not only our local designers but some international designers as well. That's why you'll only see skinny models! Making girls felt less confidence and starve themselves in order to fit their dress. I'm one of them but I failed to starve myself after few attempts. ahahaha!

Anyway, pictures below is taken from www.zipia.net, a wholesale Korean website. It does not belong to me! Except for my own scarf. I came across this website from my friend and I don't find the things they are selling is dirt cheap. =p

I'm loving the style of wearing a fashionable socks with sandals, gladiator and open toes shoe! I'm not sure if its appropriate in Malaysia because it's so freaking hot! And I guess this style only matches slim legs and suitable for spring/autumn season. =(





I don't fancy scarfs and mufflers actually and my mom had like tons of them. My mom lend me her mufflers and one of them knitted by my cousin sister. Yea, so this is my very first scarf. I usually borrow them till I found one in Zara last month when I hunt for leggings. I spotted this cute little scarf with ribbon prints on it and cost about £15. This little scarf din't make me think twice before purchasing it. Therefore, I don't know how to make use of scarf except wearing them in basic casual ways. I googled the way to tie a scarf unfortunately, couldn't find the one I like. I found 3 styles that I like in zipia but I need to figure out how to tie them =( I'm afraid my scarf is too short and thick.


I guess this style only applicable to mufflers because is long enough.


I think my scarf is too short to tie a knot at the end like her.


this style is cute but too small for my scarf =/


See, I seriously don't know how to tie them =/ oh well! Anyway, I've found this pre-owned 30 years old vintage Gucci clutch/sling in eBay and it cost approx. £130 including shipping fees from US. I'm not sure who bid the highest but I really like this bag!!! If I'm working now, I will definitely bid this! There are few pictures that shows she's selling authentic items besides her guarantee promises and also based on her ratings. Still looks good in condition. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy it so Bye bye ~


2 comments:

  1. i also same with u....at first interior then choose ad and graphic..then wanna photography then get into degree graphic..come out...wanna go fashion! LOL! influence on too many fashion in LONDON! wakkaka :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rynz ♥,
    I love your take on my motto and I do agree with your statemant on what is fashion if you don't have the money or body to flaunt it. =)

    I guess we can't have all the good things in life - though some people do...lucky them! *So jealous! >.< Some want to be taller, some slimmer, some fairer, some darker, some richer, some more famous, some less famous, some more privacy - a never ending list..

    That's why we have to accommodate and improvise with what we always have that is individual creativity and uniqueness and make a fashion statement out of it~ ;)

    Hence, my motto goes "...individual creativity and a sense of individuality will set you apart and make you stand out from the rest..."

    Sometimes or most of the time, you can find branded goods at a cheaper price somewhere else if you look hard enough. ;) What we are paying is actually the brand's name but few knows that the items can be found somewhere else of the same quality, etc with a cheaper price.

    Unless the item is of limited quantity and specially designed lar... =.=" Like that...I have nothing to say...haha! =P

    Bangkok offers some beautiful and cheap items. That's where I would get my stuffs. Pre-loved items are also good~ That way, we won't burn a big hole in our pockets...haha! ;)

    Another option is to design your own clothes or modify the clothes according to your own preferences. That way, it's yours and it won't be that expensive. Plus, you get to use and show off your talent in fashion designing and might gain some fans along the way~ ;)

    If we have the money, it's okay to go for the branded stuffs but if we don't, settling for something of the similar style is good enough too. For example, the Channel inspired bag from AliceWonders.com is pretty and stylish too~ ^^

    In the end, I think what matters most is our happiness and being able to count our blessings. As long as we're happy with what we have and is grateful with what we have (some people don't have proper, clean clothes on them or even food to eat), we should be happy with what we have. =D

    That's all I have to say. =) Btw, I like the open shoes and the socks thing - it's so cute! And scarves make a versatile accessory~ ^^
    ~XOXO, Erica ♥~

    ReplyDelete