Wednesday 12 May 2010

Fimo Sticks & food

I saw this fimo sticks thru Gurl's blog and obviously, I was attracted to it so I purchase it in eBay from HK. It took about a week to reach my place, quite fast. I was so excited when I've received them, opened the packed and stare at it, speak to myself "So, what shall I do with it now?" I don't bling my nails now because I definitely gotta do those house chores and cooking by myself =( It wouldn't last long, I'm afraid. You will probably spend hours & effort fixing your nails, handle those small pieces and then, the next minute, one of them fall off. Damn heart sick, okay.

So, I SLICED them one by one (100 sticks, okay) last night until I couldn't feel both of my fingers! I got to hold them tight because some of them are extreemly tiny which I DON'T KNOW why would they design such tiny pieces! It's so difficult to cut evenly =/



Fimo sticks


Best design
some are just looking so-so but acceptable lah.




Shitty design
I guess is about 30% of them are shitty.



I don't know if I'll ever use them. Just keep loh. wakakaka~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Inspirations

It's been awhile since I blog about food.

I've been learning and creating some new dishes recently.

I posted them all in facebook because I lazy to upload them all here. =)

This is Butter Curry Chicken. I've got the recipe from the internet however, most of the ingredients I could not find it here so I replace them with something else. Original recipe of butter chicken I short of are thai chilli and curry leaves. I replaced them with chilli padi and curry powder.

If you wanna try this at home, it's simply easy. My alternative recipe;

Marinate: one table spoon of light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, egg white and garlic (2 cloves of pressed) for at least 30 minutes. I've added one teaspoon of cooking wine too. However, this is optional =)
Prepare: Evaporated milk, condensed milk, chilli padi, curry powder, butter and corn starch.
Fry: Coat chicken with corn starch and deep fry them, leave it aside.

Final: Heat butter, saute garlic and chilli padi until fragrant. Add chicken and sprinkle some curry powder, saute for few minutes, add condensed milk. Pour evaporated milk, stir and quickly remove it from the pan because it will evaporated fast.




Tadah~ Serve them above pieces of lettuce.


I love this but my housemate cook this. I din't get to 'steal' his recipe. hahaha. I'll try to cook that someday. Bacon warped with steamed chinese leafs. Yumm yum~


Don't mean to scare you but I have to tell, I burned my arm when frying chickens =/

No comments:

Post a Comment