Saturday 26 June 2010

A 'Welcome Back' dinner


I've just realized I've been blogging about work recently. I must say it's an exciting work experience for the first time in a huge company because I could work with more people and get to share some experience unlike the previous small company I worked. The manager is approachable and I din't have the pressure when she's around. She's very bubbly, hardworking and she doesn't discriminate people. In short, she's a role model for everyone of us and gained our respect. However, when she's mad, everyone will be stress. ahhaha!

Anyway, we are supposed to have a farewell party with her last Wednesday however, it turns out to be a welcoming party. Not many people attended to the dinner because some of them don't want to come because no one invited properly (politics issues between each other. haha) and some can't communicate well. I wanted to get to know well with other colleagues so I decided to go. Going out with your manager I thought it would be nervous because I always think we need to be polite and most importantly, the table manners. Therefore, it turned out to be a normal dinner gathering where everyone chat like friends. We talk from life to how relief manager got sacked and work. Also, things that I did not expect the words came out from manager's mouth. She even asked me not to tell anyone about it. hahaha! It's pretty casual and I'm comfortable with it but then it's still quite sien because like I said, some of them from Poland and Slovakia and they cant really speaks English well so it's a little bit hard for me to communicate with them.

Overall, I pretty much enjoying working in this company regardless some politic issues within colleagues. And, I am not going to INVOLVING politics issues between other colleagues although I'm like in between them. I just have to be nice with everybody and have the motivation to work. Work starts tomorrow an I always wanted to look forward to have a nice relaxing weekends after hectic work on weekdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment